Sunday, January 3, 2021

West Quad Chair Update

 We are hoping to receive the new chairs for the west quad soon.  They may arrive late this week, but it could be early next week.  As soon as the chairs arrive, our team will get the west quad ready, perform their final tests, and get that lift up and running ASAP. 

We are hoping to open the Back Bowl sometime next weekend. Snowmaking has been happening back there for weeks, and we are getting close, really close. 

We know that some of the lift lines have gotten a little long but please keep these things in mind: 

1. It's the holiday week.
2. The weather has been near perfect for skiing & snowboarding
3. Due to covid, we are seeing more singles and doubles riding on 4-person chairs.  Which is fine.  But during the holidays & weekends on nice days, it can extend lines. 

Today, I myself rode the Lookout quad chair several times and clocked the time spent in line.  I started my clock as soon as I skied up to the end of the line and lifted by face covering. The shortest time was about 3.5 minutes.  The longest, about 5.5 minutes. Folks, that's not bad.   I purposely road the lift at the height of our crowd today.   

I am really proud of all of our staff, they are working their tails off to try and give everyone the best experience they possibly can.  Winter just started, we have a lot of skiing left. 


5 comments:

  1. I was out twice in the last week and would echo the props to all the staff. Y’all are amazing. Thanks for keeping things humming, and keeping the slopes open to make this ongoing COVID season a little more tolerable. Now, if we could just make it snow about three feet❄️❄️❄️

    ReplyDelete
  2. So based on your comment you skied with no mask which I have no problem with I agree but I've seen your ski patrol twice literally pull skiers over during the middle of a run and ask them to put their masks on their acting like police

    ReplyDelete
  3. So based on your comment you skied with no mask which I have no problem with I agree but I've seen your ski patrol twice literally pull skiers over during the middle of a run and ask them to put their masks on their acting like police

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will agree that the lines were not bad. We were there on NY eve and another time earlier that week. Lines looked very long, but moved very quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ski patrol needs to relax. They don’t ride the lifts solo per the order and cut in line like they own the place. Then yell at everyone!

    ReplyDelete